The Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage was opened by the Granville Theatre Company as a cinema and Vaudeville House in December 1930. Designed by architect Henry Holdsby Simmonds, the theatre features a neoclassical interior and an Art Deco Exterior. The vertical neon Stanley sign was added in 1940, and the horizontal sign in 1957.
The theatre was purchased by Famous Players in 1941, but was put up for sale in 1991 due to declining revenues. On September 25, 1991 the Stanley Theatre ran its last movie, Fantasia. The theatre remained unused until its renovation as a stage for the Arts Club in 1998. Today, the heritage venue features musicals and plays, adding life to the South Granville neighbourhood.
Read and see more here