VANCOUVER FARMERS MARKET
Vancouverites are obsessed with everything organic, local, and green. The Vancouver Farmers Markets offer all these things, in nine neighbourhoods around the city. What started in 1995 now attracts 450,000 shoppers annually and $8.17 million of annual vendor sales. Farmers and food producers sell fresh fruits, vegetables, meat and poultry, baked goods, artisan food products, and more recently, fish, beer, wine, and spirits.
The rotating cast of 265 small-scale BC farmers and local food makers makes each market unique every week.
Our Saturday plans usually involve walking or biking to one of the nearby markets. Somehow we always manage to (conveniently) arrive hungry, allowing us to do some shopping before having lunch at one of the food trucks that are also (conveniently) stationed at the markets.
- Hastings Park PNE: Hastings Skatepark | Sundays 10am - 2pm (March 8 - April 26)
- Nat Bailey Stadium: 4601 Ontario Street | Satrdays 10am - 2pm (November 1 - April 25)
- Kerrisdale: 5500 East Boulevard | Saturdays 10am - 2pm (June 13 - October 10)
- Kitsilano: West 10th Avenue at Trafalgar Street | Sundays 10am - 2pm (May 10 - October 25)
- Main Street: 1100 Station Street | Wednesdays 2pm - 6pm (June 3 - October 7)
- Mount Pleasant: 2300 Guelph Street | Sundays 10am - 2pm (June 14 - October 11)
- Trout Lake: Lakewood Drive at 13th Avenue | Saturdays 9am - 2pm (May 9 - October 24)
- West End: Comox Street at Bute Street | Saturdays 9am - 2pm (May 30 - October 24)
- Yaletown: 1200 Mainland Street | Thursdays 2pm - 6pm (May 7 - October 29)