Cambie Village is roughly bounded by 12th Avenue and King Edward Avenue along Cambie Street.
The street was named after Henry John Cambie, the chief surveyor of the Canadian Pacific Railway's western division from 1876 to 1887. In May of 1887, Cambie purchased two lots in the countryside at Georgia and Thurlow Streets. It was so remote that Cambie had to lay the first sidewalk on Georgia Street at his own expense. His lots are now home to the Living Shangri-La, Vancouver's tallest building.
Cambie Street was completely dug up to construct the Canada Line, which runs underneath. Although it is a busy road, the variety of shops and restaurants along Cambie does not deter the pedestrians. The City of Vancouver's municipal hall is located at Cambie Street and 12th Avenue, acting as an architectural beacon to the area.